Turkey Casserole & Herby Dumplings
2 out of 5
- Green’s Dumpling Mix
- 1 Large Pinch Chopped Mixed Herbs
- 2 Chopped Carrrots
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 1 Turnip
- 1 Medium Potato
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 200g Leftover Turkey (Shredded into Chunks)
- 1.5pints Chicken Stock
- Leftover Christmas Gravy
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Borwick’s Plain Flour
TO PREPARE THE TURKEY CASSEROLE & HERBY DUMPLINGS
- Dice the vegetables into chunks and fry in little oil for 5 mins.
- Add the flour and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Then add the chicken stock and gravy and simmer for 20 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the shredded turkey and stir through the gravy
- Prepare the dumplings as per pack instructions, adding the chopped herbs into the mix.
- Shape into 4 dumplings and either cook at 180°C on an oiled baking tray for crispy dumplings or place on top of the casserole and cook in the oven for 20 mins until risen and fluffy.