Triple Flavour Cake
2 out of 5
TO PREPARE THE CAKES:
- Make each of the 3 flavour cakes as back of pack instructions for making and baking.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. (You will only need 1 sponge from each cake mix as they produce two, so you can put away the leftover sponge of each flavour for another time.)
TO PREPARE THE VANILLA FROSTING:
- Place 250g butter into a large bowl and whisk on high speed for a few seconds until the butter is fully softened.
- Add both sachets of frosting mix and 40ml of water, whisk on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Level out your cakes, by slicing off the top of the cake making sure it is almost flat. (Don’t worry the leftover cake won’t be wasted, you could make cake pops)
- Then place one of the flavoured cakes on a cake board or serving plate, we chose the red velvet.
- Spoon some frosting onto the first layer of cake and spread out until smooth. Then add the next layer, the vanilla sponge and repeat. Make sure the cake is level and isn’t leaning in a particular direction.
- On the third layer/ chocolate sponge, add a big scoop of icing onto the top of the cake and spread around the sides and the top of the cake. Don’t worry about it looking neat at this point, just try to spread the frosting over all the cake crumbs. Once your crumb coat is complete, place in the fridge to firm up for 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, take your cake out of the fridge and add some more frosting, enough to cover the whole cake. Spread the frosting around the sides and the top, then using a cake scraper or knife smooth the icing out so the sides are smooth. Place in the fridge to chill until ready to decorate.
- Drip over some chocolate ganache to create a drip effect around the cake.
- Finish with some fresh fruit and enjoy!