1 out of 5
TO PREPARE THE STRAWBERRY FLAN:
- Hull your strawberries. Then cut them in half and place them down in your flan case. Start at the edges, going round in a circle and work your way in. All strawberries are different sizes and shapes, so don’t worry about making them look perfect. As long as you cram as many as you can in it doesn’t matter!
- Then make your Green’s red quick jel with the instructions on the back of the packet. Add the powder to a saucepan with 200ml of cold water and 25g of sugar. Heat to boiling whilst stirring continuously.
- Boil the red quick jel for one minute and then remove from the heat. Set a timer for 10 minutes. Then stir a few times after each minute counts down. This will help your flan cake cool down evenly. Once it’s thickened up after 10 minutes, pour onto your flan slowly. (If it’s not cool enough, it might sink straight through to the sponge — so make sure to wait a few extra minutes if you think it’s still too hot.) When the temperature is just right, the red quick jel will form a jelly over the fruit. Carry on pouring, making sure everywhere is covered.
- Leave in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. Your strawberry flan will keep well for up to a day. (And as the jelly sinks deeper into the sponge, it tastes even more delicious.)
- Serve with ice cream or cream.