Salted Caramel & Pecan Cheesecake
2 out of 5
- Green’s Cheesecake Mix
- 105ml Milk
- 100g Borwick’s Dark Brown Sugar
- 300ml Double Cream
- 125 Salted Butter
- Sea Salt To Taste
- 10 Whole Pecans
Prepare your Salted Caramel Sauce
- Place 100g of dark brown soft sugar, 170ml of cream and 50g of butter into a medium sized saucepan.
- Warm gently on a low heat, stirring until all of the ingredients have combined and the sugar has dissolved. Turn the heat up until the mixture begins to bubble and boil, then continue to boil for 2-3 minutes until golden. Leave to cool a little before stirring in ½ teaspoon of sea salt (or however much suits your taste).
- Place to one side and allow to cool completely.
Prepare your Cheesecake Base
- Line the base and sides of an 18cm/7” tin with foil.
- Empty the biscuit crumb base into a bowl, and stir in 5 pecans that have been broken into small pieces
- Melt 75g of butter, then stir into the biscuit crumb and pecan mix.
- Place the mixture into the prepared tin and press down with the back of a metal spoon to form a smooth, flat surface.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until firm
Prepare your Cheesecake Toppng
- Place the cheesecake mix into a medium sized bowl and add 105ml of cold milk and 130ml of double cream.
- Whisk for 2 minutes with an electric mixer until the mixture is thick and creamy. This will take longer with a hand whisk.
- Gently fold in a couple of table spoons of the salted caramel sauce to create a swirl throughout the cheesecake mix – take care not to over mix or you will lose the effect
- Spread the cheesecake mix over the prepared base and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Top with the remaining pecans (or as many as you like!), and drizzle with a little more caramel sauce.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to allow to set.