Beautifully simple, you can prepare a delicious strawberry flan to feed 8 people in just 10 minutes with Green’s Red Jel Sachet, a ready-made flan case and some strawberries and ice cream. It’s a perfectly light summer’s dessert, and you can stuff as many strawberries as you like on top for a vibrant, sweet flavour.
There is nothing like a strawberry flan cake to bring back childhood memories. It’s a summery dessert that shines no matter what time of year you make it.
And it’s so easy to make. With just four ingredients and only 30 minutes’ including both prep and cooking time, our strawberry flan recipe is no doubt the easiest and most convenient on the Internet!
Here’s our step-by-step strawberry flan recipe
- Hull your strawberries. Then cut them in half and place them down in your flan case. Start at the edges, going round in a circle and work your way in. All strawberries are different sizes and shapes, so don’t worry about making them look perfect. As long as you cram as many as you can in it doesn’t matter!
- Then make your Green’s red quick jel with the instructions on the back of the packet. Add the powder to a saucepan with 200ml of cold water and 25g of sugar. Heat to boiling whilst stirring continuously.
- Boil the red quick jel for one minute and then remove from the heat. Set a timer for 10 minutes. Then stir a few times after each minute counts down. This will help your flan cake cool down evenly. Once it’s thickened up after 10 minutes, pour onto your flan slowly. (If it’s not cool enough, it might sink straight through to the sponge — so make sure to wait a few extra minutes if you think it’s still too hot.) When the temperature is just right, the red quick jel will form a jelly over the fruit. Carry on pouring, making sure everywhere is covered.
- Leave in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. Your strawberry flan will keep well for up to a day. (And as the jelly sinks deeper into the sponge, it tastes even more delicious.)
- Serve with ice cream or cream.
If you want to know how to make a flan that’s delicious and haven’t much time, then our recipe is guaranteed to satisfy
With just four ingredients and 30 minutes’ combined prep and cooking time, it’s hard to make a treat quicker or easier than one of our ready made flan case recipes.
With just a few ingredients, you’ll have half of everything you need to turn your kitchen into a Parisian patisserie.
For an easy strawberry flan recipe that tastes and looks amazing, stick with Green’s.
Let us know how you got on with our sponge fruit flan recipe — and if you added anything to it to make it your own, we’d love to hear your thoughts!
Review our recipe here and submit your own method for us to see.