Pineapple & Coconut Pancakes with Golden Syrup & Créme Fraiche
- Serving: 10
- Preparation: 10
- Cook time: 5
- Passive time: 10
Green's Golden Syrup Pancake mix
sweetened desiccated coconut
Small can of pineapple
Vegetable oil for frying
Crème fraiche or plain yoghurt to serve
- In a large bowl, lightly crush the pineapple using a fork or one end of a rolling pin.
- Add the pancake mix, egg, milk and coconut and beat together to form a batter. The batter will be very thick at this point.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large frying pan, over a medium heat.
- Pour a rounded teaspoon of batter onto the hot pan and flatten slightly.
- Fry the batter for 1-2 minutes and when it starts to bubble, turn over to reveal a crisp and golden side. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes and set aside in a warm place.
- Repeat until all of the batter has been used.
- To serve, drizzle with the golden syrup and add a spoonful of crème Fraiche.