- Serving: 8
- Preparation: 10
- Cook time: 16
- Passive time: 10
Chocolate Egg Cake Mix
TO PREPARE THE CAKE MIX…
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (170°C for a fan oven or Gas Mark 6). Grease the sides and base of 2 x 18cm (7”) sandwich tins and line with baking paper.
- Whisk cake mix, 2 eggs, 50g of softened butter and 120mls (8 tablespoons) of water on low speed for 30 seconds. Then 2 minutes at high speed until thick and creamy, or beat for 3 minutes with a wooden spoon or whisk. Pour mix equally between the 2 sandwich tins.
- Bake for 15 – 16 minutes in the centre of the oven until the cake has risen and is firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Place Chocolate Frosting into a medium sized bowl. Add 10ml (2 tablespoons) of warm water and 75g (3oz) of softened (not melted) butter to the mix. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- When cool, sandwich the two halves of cake together using some of the frosting. Then cover the sides and top with the remaining frosting and decorate with the chocolate eggs.