Baked Spinach & Ricotta Pancakes
- Serving: 10
- Cook time: 15
- Passive time: 30
pack of Green's Pancake Mix
large onion, sliced thinly
garlic cloves, sliced thinly
Zest of 1 lemon
Parmesan cheese, grated
jar of tomato and basil pasta sauce
- Heat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan oven) / Gas Mark 6.
- Melt a knob of butter in a large pan, and add the sliced onions.
- Cook until soft and golden brown in colour.
- Add the garlic and washed spinach.
- Cook gently until the spinach is completely wilted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Make the pancakes as per back of the pack, separating each cooked pancake with a piece of greaseproof paper until all 10 have been cooked.
- Add the ricotta, lemon zest and half the Parmesan cheese to the onion and spinach and mix well.
- Divide the mixture between the pancakes and roll each one into a tube.
- Place 1/3 of the pasta sauce into a large baking dish. Place the pancakes side by side on top of the sauce. Cover with the remaining pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25 – 30 minutes until the cheese is golden.