Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Sugar, Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed, Palm), Raising Agents: Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate; Humectanct: Glycerine.
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten see ingredients in bold.
Also, may contain milk, oats & egg.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C (200°C for fan a fan oven) / 427°F / Gas Mark 7. Lightly grease a baking tray and set aside.
- Empty the scone mix into a bowl. Mix the egg and 70ml (4½ tablespoons) of milk together. Reserve 2 teaspoons for glazing (see step 4) and then add the remaining liquid to the scone mix. Stir until a smooth dough is formed.
- Roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface to approximately 2cm thickness. Cut into 6 scones using a 6cm cutter or use the rim of a drinking glass as a template to cut out. Place onto the greased baking tray.
- Brush the tops of the scones with the remaining egg-milk mixture to glaze. Leave to rise for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with clotted cream and jam