Mint Choc Chip Cupcakes
15 – 20 minutes
1 out of 5
TO PREPARE THE CUPCAKES:
- Make up the chocolate sponge as per back of pack instruction, evenly distribute mixture into cupcakes cases, bake and leave to cool on a wire rack.
TO PREPARE THE ICING:
- Whisk the butter for 2 minutes to soften before adding the icing sugar.
- Continue to whisk until pale, light and fluffy, you might need to add some milk, 1 tbsp. at a time.
- Now add a couple drops of green food dye and some mint/ peppermint extract into your icing.
- Mix these together until a pale green icing is resembled. (You can taste the icing here to see if the mint flavouring is to your liking)
- Transfer the icing into a piping bag and decorate your cupcakes as desired.
- Add some chocolate chips on top of and around the frosting, then they are ready to serve!