1 out of 5
- 150g Borwick’s Plain Flour
- 100g Butter (Chilled & Cubed)
- 50g Caster Sugar, plus for extra spirnkling
TO PREPARE THE HOMEMADE SHORTBREAD
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C (150°C for a fan oven), 325°F, Gas Mark 3.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and rub together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then squeeze
- Together to form a dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to approx. 5mm.
- Cut the dough into fingers, and place on a lined baking tray
- Use a fork to create imprints and then sprinkle with a little caster sugar
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes before baking in the centre of the oven for 15-20mins
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the tray before serving.