Homemade Pizza Base
2 out of 5
- 300g Borwick’s Pizza Flour
- 1 Sachet Borwick’s Dried Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 30ml Olive Oil
TO PREPARE 2 x 10″ PIZZA BASES:
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C for a fan oven), 450°F, Gas Mark 8.
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and then stir in the yeast, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the olive oil and 225ml of luke-warm water. Bring the mixture together with round-bladed knife to form a dough and then turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Work the dough with the heel of your hands and stretch and turn for a minute. Place the kneaded dough back in the bowl, cover with a clean tea towel, and leave to rest whilst preparing your pizza toppings.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, divide into two and roll out, one at a time on a lightly floured surface, to about a 9inch diameter.
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper and sprinkle with flour, before carefully lifting the dough onto the paper.
- Stretch the dough with your fingertips to about a 10inch diameter, creating a slightly thicker crust around the edges. The middle of the pizza should be about 1/2cm thickness, and the edge of the pizza 1cm.
- Add your toppings to the pizza and then leave for 10-15 minutes to rest. Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C for a fan oven), 450°F, Gas
- Mark 8. Once the oven is a temperature, bake for 10 – 15 minutes until the base is crispy and golden.