Egg Custard Tarts
1 out of 5
TO PREPARE THE CUSTARD TARTS
- Preheat your oven to 250°C
- Cut your puff pastry block into 1-inch cubes. Place each cube of pastry in each section of your muffin tray, using your thumbs push the pastry to the sides of the tin. Make sure that the pastry is covering the sides and isn’t too thin on the bottom and around the edges. Then set aside.
- In a large bowl, add 20g of flour and 50ml of the milk, briefly stir then put aside.
- In the microwave or in a pan, heat the remaining milk until boiling point. Pour into the flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add the water and sugar, heat until the sugar is dissolved and the temperature reads 100°C on your thermometer.
- Then pour into your flour & milk mixture and whisk for around 10 minutes, until the mixture starts to cool down.
- Once cool, add the egg yolks and whisk to combine. Now add a squeeze of Borwick’s Vanilla Flavouring and stir to incorporate.
- Fill your prepared pastry cases will the egg mixture around ¾ full, and then place in the oven to bake.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, once baked leave to cool in the tin.
- Dust with some icing sugar – enjoy!