Decadent Brownie Trifle
1h 40 minutes
1 out of 5 (Easy)
TO PREPARE THE BROWNIES
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C Fan) Gas Mark 4
- Grease sides and base of a 7” x 7” square tin and line with baking paper
- Whisk the 2 eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Pour the Brownie mix into a larger bowl and add the whisked egg, oil and water and fold together gently with a mixing spoon until well blended. Then spread into the tin.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out almost clean. Allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Once cooled cut into small squares and set aside.
TO PREPARE THE CUSTARD
- Follow the back of pack instructions to make the custard. One made, add the cocoa powder and stir to combine, set aside to cool down. (You can add more cocoa powder if you like a richer flavour)
TO PREPARE THE WHIP TOPPING:
- Use 2 sachets of whip topping with 230ml milk and follow the back of pack instructions. Place in the fridge until ready to assemble.
TO ASSEMBLE THE TRIFLE
- Place a handful of brownie cubes to cover the bottom of your trifle dish, these can be individual or you can make one big one.
- Now spoon some of the instant whip topping on top of and to cover the brownie layer below. Once spread out using the back of a spoon, pour the cooled chocolate custard on top and carefully spread around your dish.
- Then add some more brownie pieces on top of the custard, making sure to leave some brownie to decorate.
- For the final layer, finish with the remaining whip topping and brownie pieces.
- Place in the fridge for at least one hour to chill, then serve!