Cookies and Cream Cake
3 out of 5
TO PREPARE THE COOKIES & CREAM CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (165°C for a fan oven), or Gas Mark 5. Generously grease 3×8 inch cake tins and line with greaseproof paper.
- Mix Green’s chocolate chip cake mix, eggs, oil and water in a large bowl on a low speed for 1 minute until moistened. Mix on a medium speed for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour equal amounts of mixture into the three prepared cake tins.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. To check if cooked, insert a skewer into the centre of the cake. If the skewer comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- Leave to cool before removing from the tins.
- Reserve 5 biscuits for the top and blitz the rest to a powder — but don’t make the powder too fine.
- Mix 3/4 of your powder with soft butter and Borwick’s icing sugar to make a speckled frosting and filling.
- Spread as filling in-between each layer and sandwich and cover the cake. Use spare powder to decorate the base of the cake and plate.
- Cut 5 biscuits in half to decorate the top, sit them in a piped dot of icing to hold in place.