1 out of 5 (Easy)
- Tarte a la créme kit
- 275ml double cream
- 275ml milk
- 35g cocoa powder (plus extra dust)
TO PREPARE THE CHOCOLATE TART
- Heat 275ml of milk in a large saucepan to almost boiling point and remove the pan from the heat.
- Sprinkle the Carmelle powder over the surface of the milk, then return to the heat and bring to the boil for two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour the mixture into a measuring jug or large bowl with 275ml of cold double cream and stir until well combined.
- Then add the cocoa powder and continue to stir. Allow the mixture to cool and start to thicken – checking every 20 minutes or so by giving a gentle stir, to avoid a skin forming.
- Remove the sponge flan case from the packaging and place on a large serving plate.
- Test the readiness of the filling by spooning over a couple of tablespoons of mixture onto the flan case. The mix should start to set slightly and not fully soak through into the flan case. If the mix soaks through completely, it is not ready and should be left a little longer to cool and thicken further.
- Continue to test every 10 minutes or so.
- Once the mixture sits on the flan case without soaking through, it is ready.
- Fill the flan case with the cream mixture and allow to set for around 2- 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once the filling has set, dust with some extra cocoa powder
- Store in the refrigerator and consume within 2 days.