1 out of 5 (Easy)
TO PREPARE THE SCONES
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C for a fan oven) / 425 F / Gas Mark 7. Lightly grease a baking tray and set aside.
- Empty the scone mix into a bowl. Mix the egg and milk together. Reserve 2 tablespoons for glazing and then add the remaining liquid to the scone mix. Stir until a smooth dough is formed.
- Chop the Glacé Cherries into quarters and add to the mix, giving a good stir to combine them.
- Roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface to approximately 2cm thickness. Cut into 6 scones using a 6cm cutter or use the rim of a drinking glass as a template to cut out. Place onto a greased baking tray.
- Brush the tops of the scones with the remaining egg-milk mixture to glaze
- Leave to rise for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve with clotted cream and jam.