Bread & Butter Pudding
2 out of 5
- Green’s Egg Custard Mix
- 6 Slices of bread buttered both sides
- 25g/1oz Soft Brown Sugar
- 50g/2oz Raisins or Currants
- 600ml milk (just over a pint, although a pint will work but the pudding is slightly thicker)
- A 1 ½ pint dish, 5cm deep
TO PREPARE THE BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING:
- Preheat oven to 175°C, 155°C (fan oven), 345 °F, Gas Mark 3.
- Butter the white bread – remove crusts and cut each slice into 4 triangles.
- Grease a (1 pint) ovenproof dish.
- Layer bread, butter side up then sprinkle with some of the sugar and raisins.
- Repeat until all bread fruit and sugar is used up.
- Prepare the egg custard as back of pack.
- Carefully pour over the bread into the dish, allowing it to soak into the bread.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.