1 out of 5
TO PREPARE THE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (180°C for a fan oven), 400°F, Gas Mark 6, and place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- Stir some Borwick’s self raising flour and sugar together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jug, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence (some of Borwick’s vanilla flavouring will do the trick).
- Stir the liquid mix into the flour, until all the mix is moistened — it will be a little lumpy.
- Quickly add the blueberries, stirring gently taking care not to overmix.
- Fill the muffin cases to ¾ full and then bake in the centre of the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Once cooked, serve the muffins warm or cold.