Orange Shortbread Biscuits
- Serving: 10
- Cook time: 15
- Passive time: 10
½ Tsb Baking Powder
Golden Caster Sugar
Grated Zest of ½ an Orange
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Beat the butter, then cream it with the sugar and orange zest until light.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder and mix together to form a dough.
- Divide the mixture into 10 balls or bars, arrange on a baking sheet.
- Press each ball flat with the tip of a round-bladed knife.
- Chill for 15 mins, then bake for 12-15 mins until light golden.
- Leave on the baking sheet for 2 mins before releasing with a palette knife.
- Slide onto a rack to cool.
- Will keep stored in an airtight container for up to a week.